Monday, September 8, 2014

Book Series Out of Sight Out of Mind

I have been very lucky that with ARC reading and beta reading that I am able to read books through their entire series.




Something that really bothers me is when I read a book series and the next book is not due out for 8 plus months or longer. One book series I've been waiting over 2 years for the next one and another 1 year. What happens with me is that I start to forget the series exists and then never go back and finish.
With popular main stream series I have waited for the release of all the books before even starting them.

I am sure that things come up like other series that may take priority, editing, and life in general. It's all good. As authors I wonder if it effects them in the long run does the readership drop as well as sales? I'm not really sure.

I like to support the non main stream authors and appreciate that the ones I have read either have a complete series or at least only several months and not years in between. I don't want to forget about characters and stories that are meant to be told. I don't want to forget! It's easier to not forget when it's a new or indie author. My drive to support them over rules.

Does anyone have a way they use to track upcoming releases in a series that helps them to not forget about them? I really don't want to abandon anything because of out of sight out of mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment